xcdata is a data conversion utility designed for the Island Engineering packet binary data storage format used on the X-Craft full scale surface ship. This utility can be used on one or more data files from one or more bricks. If one input data file is selected, it will be converted to ascii. If two or more input data files are selected, channels will be read from each data file into memory and will be converted to a single ascii table. The ascii output data can be read with WordPad, TextPad, Excel, OpenOffice, MatLab, WaveMetrics IGOR Pro, and National Instruments LabView.
- xcdata SEA_004_BK20.raw > SEA_004_BK20.dat, which will convert the data from brick 20 to ascii and redirect the output to SEA_004_BK20.dat.
- xcdata *11.raw *17.raw *18.raw *19.raw *20.raw *21.raw *22.raw *23.raw > SEA_004-200hz.dat, which will convert the data from all 200Hz bricks to ascii and redirect the output to a single ascii output file.
The following files are available in xcdata.zip:
- xcdata.cpp is the source code.
- tagchannel.csv is the ascii tab-delimited tagnumber to channelname lookup table.
- 50hz.bat is a Windows batch file that will create the ascii data file 50hz.csv from all of the 50hz bricks.
- 100hz.bat is a Windows batch file that will create the ascii data file 100hz.csv from all of the 100hz bricks.
- 200hz.bat is a Windows batch file that will create the ascii data file 200hz.csv from all of the 200hz bricks.
- 2000hz.bat is a Windows batch file that will create the ascii data file 2000hz.csv from all of the 2000hz bricks.
Data conversion steps:
- Create a folder on your computer called xcdata.
- Copy the files you need; like tagchannel.csv, xcdata.exe, and 200hz.bat.
- Update tagchannel.csv as necessary.
- Copy 1 run or condition worth of X-Craft data to the xcdata folder.
- Double-click on the 200hz.bat file to create 200hz.csv, which is a single ascii tab-delimited data file created from all of the 200hz bricks.
XCraft Data Utility.
There were 1 arguments.
Gregory Alan Hildstrom
This program treats every file in the
argument list as a separate set of channels for the
same data run and builds a single multiple-channel
ASCII tab-delimited data file. This utility
writes to the standard output, which can be
redirected to a file if desired.
This utility needs tagchannel.csv, which
is a 3-column tab-delimited ascii
text file that is used to look up
channel names and scale factors from data tag numbers.
tagchannel.csv must be in the same folder as
the exe file and have one tag-tab-channelname-tab-scalefactor
entry per line.
xcdata -h Help
xcdata -help Help
xcdata --help Help
xcdata iflist Joins data files
xcdata *.dat Example Joins all .dat data files
iflist like *.dat Input file list can use wildcards
iflist like *Sensor_1_* *Sensor_2_* Input file list can use wildcards